Monday 10 August 2009

Aladdin's cave!

I went to collect some of that wood I spoke about from a generous freegler.

When I got there I thought I had died and gone to heaven! There was so much! and it had been removed quite carefully so it was mostly reusable. The gentleman asked me if I had a wood burning stove. That sounded like real herecy! That anyone would burn material as good as that appalled me. I immediately saw projects I can now complete with it and on getting home Wifey carried on adding to the list.

I had been told the previous night in an email that I was to share it with another freegler, on a first come first served basis. Wifey and I agreed that I should do some drastic reorganising of the day and try to be the first! Greedy? Possibly, but I think that is fair. As I packed the car I kept looking back at what was left and asking myself "Would I be happy to pick up what's left?". I tried to be honest and leave when I could still say "Yes". I don't know if I was being honest with myself though.

First project on getting home though was? Finding enough space to store it all! A nice problem to have. Thanks again to the generous freegler.

(The Mole)

No comments:

Post a Comment