Monday 3 August 2009

Whining..

Don't you just hate it?

It's that time of year when insurance come due. Car, house and car breakdown cover. I hate it because it is always hard work! Yes you can just tick the box and say "I'll pay your ridiculous demand" but I won't do that. So it's off to the PC and go through the price comparison sites and find what price you can get. Then email the incumbent telling them you want to cancel and giving them your phone number so they can make a counter proposal. On house insurance this year I got a 40% discount to retain the business. On Breakdown cover I saved £80 - partly because new customers can get big first years savings that regular customers, unfairly, cannot get. On car insurance to my amazement I could only save £8 but hey, that's more than a bar of chocolate! Why can't they come clean with their best offer FIRST!

Am I getting old that these things annoy me now? Anyone saying yes gets to make their own tea and NO breakfast in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment