Monday 3 August 2009

What a weekend!

Well, it has been busy. A freegler gave me a bracket to mount a monitor on the wall and I fitted it to free up some desk space.

We also had some curtain poles from another freegler and I have been fitting some of them.

I had to cut the grass both back and front of the house.

A neighbour had trouble with her set top box and asked if I could help. I did and got from ebay a replacement control so that is now fixed.

The fridge door wouldn't close and I happened to find the bit to fix it (at 1 o'clock in the morning) (a) in the stuff from the freegler with the bracket and (b) from the bottom of a toolbox in bits from scrap yards from when I was a pup. PLUS I went training (see http://www.derbysmee.co.uk). Can't not go training.

Also planted out some broccoli and moved the compost bins around a bit. The compost bins are mostly full of horse manure in readiness for putting on he garden when it is aged enough, but they are also going through the garden refuse quite quickly. The weather has been kind to the slugs, which has renewed the challenge to beat them again. You then have to sweep their remains off the paths!

No comments:

Post a Comment